From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 16:31:37 -0700
Survival of the fittest is a very broad term. If it was the complete
law, then, by now, nature should have created Gnus with enough guts to
charge Lions dining on their relatives.
        If you don't like that, take Human Beans. We have arrived at a state
where we help some of the unfit among us to survive---the mentally and
physically retarded, etc. How about me? Asthma and alergies since I was
five. Light frame, not particularly good-looking. But here I am at three
score years and ten beating a few people at golf and tennis. (I don't
think I'd try football.)
        Of course, you only have to be right in a general sense. The militent
Gnus and Me are the outriders---the rare ones.
        Art