From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 22:32:59 -0400
Shells were used in Jesus' time as horns to call people together.
The Murex from the Mediterranean sea were used to make purple dye (I have the
whole story if you want it)  The purple dye was from Tyre and Sidon.

Purple is referred to in the temple fabrics, Joseph's coat, Cleopatra's sails,
etc.

The twelve apostles all had a symbol and James was the St. James Scallop
(Pecten).

In the Hindu, Vishnu is seldom depected without a Chank shell in his hands.
The
Chank is the emblem of the theft  of their sacred writings.  Wisdom (stolen by
the Chank) descended into the densest matter (the shell) and was carred to the
depth of the sea and was recovered by Vishnu.

--
Jim and Bobbi Cordy
of Merritt Island, Florida.

Jim Specializes in Self-Collected