From:
April Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 09:30:57 EDT
CONCH-L
        I have just newly joined CONCH-L and I have been reading some back
log messages.  I saw a posting about some audio recordings that have been out
there.  Sylvia ([log in to unmask]) mentioned that she had a copy of  Abbott's
Exploring Collectible Shells 1987 In audio cassette tape form.  And in her
posting she mentioned a recording that I have.  But she didn't sound very
clear about what the difference was between these recordings.  So I thought I
would clear up exactly what this recording is since I have listened to it.
          I know these recordings are out of print.  I have a record of
Pronouncing the Scientific Names of Seashells of North America put out by
Abbott in 1969 through DMNH.  The record says it is a 36 min recording of
Abbott enunciating the scientific names.  I got it through a silent auction
bidding at a COA con.  It is an auto companion to the Golden Book edition of
A Guide to Field Identification Seashells of North America, 1968 (revised ed.
is 1986).
        What other recordings on shells is out there?  Has anyone ever heard
of any?

April Newman ([log in to unmask])