From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 19:39:34 PDT
Dear Paul,

thank you best for Tegula and your information. If you ever have some
other shells again for the museum, which you can't sell, I would be very glad and thankful.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut from Innsbruck.
Would you like to have some landshells from Austria, Italy and few
other localities in future, please let me know. Not for yet, but after
holidays. The Tegula I would need as soon as possible, and if you
have other related shells to snake-names.
thank you very best again
Helmut

Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
url: www.netwing.at/nisters/

or

Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
malacological collection
Feldstr. 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86-37

----------
Hi Helmut,
I can send you a Tegula pellisserpentis.  I have several nice large ones.
In addition to "serpens" or "serpentis", anything with the folowing names is
named after snakes:
anguis, anguineus, anguinus
coluber, colubrinus
echis, echidion
natrix, natricis
ophis, ophidion
vipera, viperinus
I don't know how many of these pertain to mollusks.  I can think of a few -
Serpulorbis colubrinus, Siliquaria anguina, Ischnochiton ophioderma,
Nanomelon viperinus - good luck with the display.  Oh - also, the genus
Colubraria!
Regards,
Paul M.
Rhode island