From:
makuabob <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 21:20:47 -0500
Welcome to CONCH-L, Elizabeth!

You've caught it at just about its worst - with all the cannonballs
flying (oops, that's not a good word right now!).

Actually, we had been fairly tolerant but it seems March Madness
is upon many of the crew. "Ah well, pass out a double portion o'
rum, Bo'sn, and they'll settle down soon enough."

You will find lots of savvy shellers and workers (some are both!)
with a sharing spirit. And once all the cutlasses are stowed away
again, it'll be smooth sailing.

So don't be put off by the rowdiness, Elizabeth. CONCH-L is a yar
vessel and there's plenty to explore.

Um... uh... Ahh! There now, I must have been 'channelling' for one
of the old sea captains. Since you spend a fair amount of near warm
waters, you might like to check out my homepage on Hawaiian cowries --
THE CAPTURED COWRY  http://www.oaktree.net/makuabob/

Welcome again and don't hesitate put your two bytes in. (Get it?
Pun on 'bits'? Fergit it!)

Aloha,

makuabob (a.k.a. Bob Dayle)