From:
Sarah Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 08:25:29 EDT
Ok that was embarresing. Sorry about that last post. First, hadn't edited it
and my stupid computer sent it before I wanted it to be sent.

Ok  Here we go again

Don't forget about the wonderful article (written at a 4th grade reading
level I might add) in USA today about the deepsea bacterial fauna that was
discussed last night by Dr. Lutz. I wish I could give more details but I have
what seems to be an inner ear infection and my memory is shot.

There was a wonderful symposium on Molluscs and Education run by Dr. Trish
Morse, Carol Hickman and David Lindburg. We got into a great discussion about
how important it is to expose everyone regardless of age, sex, backgroud etc
to science and how introducing the phylum mollusca is a great way to do it.

We have had some great talks on subjects ranging from Unionids in sand with
some surprising results about the infestation of Dreissena polymorpha, to the
feeding preferances of native and invasive turban snails off california, to
the feeding habits of the deep sea octopod genus Graneledone. I think
everyone here is having a great time listening to these fantastic talks as
well as enjoying the city of Pittsburgh. I am looking forward to the Curation
seminar tomorrow as well as a few of the presented papers. Have a great day

Sarah Watson