From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:45:55 -0400
Emilio,
Right answer, but for the wrong reason.  Since you did submit the correct
answer I'll have to bestow the award of a free one year subscription to
Conch-L.  Congratulations.

A researcher may designate a figure (not an actual specimen) to serve as a
lectotype.  It is not done often and is frowned upon by some, but it is
considered a valid designation.

Next question:  What are locotypes?  Have we discussed this?  If so,
someone else submit a new question.  I'm tired.  If not, the first person
to submit the correct answer gets .....wait a minute....I'm out of stuff
that's already free.  Forget it.

And locotypes have nothing to do with that crazy family living next door,
your spouse or your boss.

Kurt