From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:26:33 -0400
Hello!

Hi to all,

I have a few more questions on the Polymita descriptions.

Polymita brocheri ("Gutierrez" Pfeiffer 1864) : this is as cited by C.
de la Torre in his
monograph.

1) What do the "  " enclosing Gutierrez mean, that he, Gutierrez,
described it in Pfeiffer's work,
or that Pfeiffer referenced a description by Gutierrez (from a letter I
think)?

2) Arango amended the name to brocheroi in 1878: this is as cited by
Tucker Abbott,
I assume C. de la Torre did not know this. Is this correct? The correct
name is now
brocheroi and should be cited as brocheroi?  (Note: The species was
named for General Brochero)

Your kind attention and help is much appreciated.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

Please visit;
"The Liguus Home Page"