From:
Amy Lyn Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:20:09 -0400
Hi - this it the list owner's two cents:

Conch-l is intended to serve as a forum for informal discussions of
molluscan biology, taxonomy, natural history, evolution, conservation, and
collection-related subjects.  Notices of meetings, symposia, literature,
software or any other relevant topics may be posted to this list.  Explicit
advertisements or business solicitations are not be permitted; such
commerce should be conducted by email between interested individuals.

My interpretation of a relevant topic is pretty broad - however it does not
include email that is impolite to other list subscribers or includes
commercial solicitations for personal gain.  This list is a place for
discussions not arguments.  We are on this list to share ideas and learn
from each other.

Conch-l subscriber's should always consider what we send to the list,
because it is forwarded to approximately 400 people in over 35 different
countries, AND is archived on a web site that anyone anywhere at any time
can read.

        DON'T HIT YOUR REPLY/SEND KEY WITHOUT THINKING.

Conch-l subscribers should use appropriate network etiquette. If you don't
know what this is please see Arlene Rinaldi's Netiquette Home Page, at:
http://www.fau.edu/netiquette/net/index.html where there are English,
German, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Swedish,
Indonesian and Finnish versions of the guide.

        DON'T HIT YOUR REPLY/SEND KEY WITHOUT THINKING.

Amy, list owner

Amy Edwards, Program Coordinator ------ [log in to unmask]

Georgia Museum of Natural History    --------    phone (706) 542-4137
University of Georgia            --------            FAX 706-542-3920
Athens, GA 30602-1882       --------       http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/
"A man's mind, stretched by new ideas, can never go back to its original
dimensions."             Oliver Wendell Holmes