From:
Emilio Lopez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 22:43:31 -0400
Hola:

I have the books that you name; I had several books and I am very proud of my new
books that I find with the help of Conch.L.

The problem is that the books have different opinios abut genera, species,
varieties, forms, and then I need to select one or other opinion; all the opinions
are valid for me; I am not competent to select one or the other, but I need to do
that in order to put a name to my shells; I am putting all the information in
files because it is easier for me to study it and to see it in a place. The files
are a lot of megas long.
The bare list says things as:

Littorina reclivata (some authors think it is only a form of  L. virginea)

In the file I have all the pictures that I could find and I am writing all the
information I can find.

What I stressed is that does not exist "the list"; we don4t know all and there are
differences of opinions among the people who knows more about shells; but each one
has to have his own list in order to be able to put a name to each shell.
Your letters are very helpful because they have a philosophy behind them and also
because they have very useful tips

Thank a lot.
Emilio.