From:
Karen Vanderven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:30:09 -0400
Hello - Agree with all who say Andrew should stay on list. Stay on,
Andrew, and follow Amy's suggestions too.. I'm thinking it's time for
another shell trip report, like
Betty Jean Piech's excellent and interesting report of her recent trip.
That's one of things - among many  and almost all- things I loved to
read on the list. IN the next few days
I'll post a BRIEF message about the highlights of my recent FL and
Bahamas collecting trip (several had asked about it).

In the meantime- and this is related to Andrew - Andrew, do I not
recall you had initiated a recent discussion about tellina magna ?
We could continue that - I could tell you about the tellina magna
graveyard of dead valves to be found at the bow of an old wreck
60 feet down somewhere off W. Palm Beach. I've dived it twice. Each
time I've brought up about 20 dead valves. On top I see what matches
up. Each time - one complete pair ! (Of course they're about as colorful
as a Pittsburgher in February). The rest of the valves go into my
"look and weep" box ( with the piece of junonia, and that kind of thing),
although this year a friend took them for her shell garden.

Best-

Karen VV