From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 00:42:35 -0600
Giancarlo

According to Walls ("Cone Shells") Conus phlogopus is a synonym for Conus
lorenzianus.  He considers Conus lorenzianus a distinct species from Conus
spurius, though he admits they may intergrade in the Caribbean.  It looks
like Conus lorenzianus is the southern cousin of Conus spurius.  Conus
lorenzianus is thinner and lighter, has a differently shaped spire, and has
many more and smaller spots whereas Conus spurius has large spots  bordered
by smaller spots.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA