From:
Vicky Zentko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:25:55 +0500
Art, stay out of the bars and keep flying...I for one enjoyed the pigs!!
I was thrilled to read of the wentletrap book!  I have spent the last four
years vacation on Sanibel searching in vain for wentletraps.  I fell victim
to lots of propaganda that they could be found "by the lighthouse"....yeah,
right!!  Then I heard there was a gentlemen called "Wentletrap Bert" who
scours the beach on hands and knees with a magnifying glass, finding
boundless numbers along the high tide mark "by the lighthouse".  Well,
after four years, I finally gave up and bought one.  And then found out it
wasn't even the type found on Sanibel (if there truly ARE any on Sanibel).
I would still like to see an authentic Sanibel wentletrap, if they exist.

>>At 10:29 PM 3/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>>Hey thanks, Mike;-
>>>    You seem to understand. I go to shell shows. There we talk about
>>>shells. We buy shells. We unload extras. We learn. But we also talk
>>>about our kids, pretty ladies, good places to eat, tomorrow's weather,
>>> and a host of other stuff just like real people. Wev meet here on
>>>the internet and do the same thing. We talk about shows, trips we've
>>>been on (I just got back from a handball tournament in San Francisco),
>>> identity of some shells, and how come Ashley has become the star of
>>>this particular show.
>>>   Now some of the people out there in never-land are doctors,
>>>lawyers, retired cops and other terrible things. Me? I'm a retired
>>>teacher, coach, and an anal retentive humourist. We do what we do
>>>best. I stopped "collecting" when I started writing "The Wentletrap
>>>Book". That's a serious thing to do. It will be a good thing when it
>>>comes out later this year. But sometimes I have to fly with the pigs.
>>>It's either that or  go to a local bar and fall in with evil
>>>companions. What do you suggest?
                Art