From:
Dick Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:15:17 -0400
Tom,

I don't know about Conus textile, but I have part of the answer to your
question about Strombus gigas, I think.  The shell lip flares at about 3.5
years, at which time the conch is near sexual maturity.  This information
is from a poster on the life cycle of the Queen Conch done by Bonnie Bower
Dennis for the Caribbean Marine Research Center and the Department of
Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture, Trade and Industry, Nassau, Bahamas.
The poster, incidentally, is a beautiful thing.

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY