From:
Sigrún Birna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:37:48 -0700
Well, here in Iceland, sharks are buried in the ground for two months.  Then, when they are quite rotten, they are dug up and hung to rot some more.  A month later they are sold as a delicacy named Hákarl.
The first time I tried it I wanted to die, but it grew on me, and now I find the smell and taste quite pleasing (most of my friends and family don't).
Moshe Erlendur Okon
   Reykjavík, Ísland