From:
Joni Inkwindi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:39:39 EDT
I'm in Southeast Florida, and I've been going to the beach every morning
looking for "goodies", to little avail. Floyd actually built up our beach a
little. Two good hurricane stories from last year - after Georges, my beach
was covered on day 1 with fish, on day 2 with stinking fish, gorgonians, and
shells!  I learned to love the smell as I piled perfect orange & yellow egg
cockles, large tuns, hawk-wings, and queen conch "rollers" into my shell bag!
In Nov. I was on Sanibel when Mitch decided to come thru - you would have
laughed to see all of us out by "the Rocks", pulling perfect, deceased
specimens from the surf and wet sand.  It was an extra low tide, and the
winds were blowing from the East - so there was more beach exposed than usual.