Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:45:01 EST
Hello all,

I'm in the frustrating position of being unable to identify an attractive
shell over 100 mm (4 inches) in length.  I don't mind having trouble with the
minishells, but this is ridiculous.  I've tried every source I have available.
It is a lightweight, inflated, tan-colored shell resembling Galeodea rugosa
from the Mediterranean, but with finer scupture.  But this one is from deep
water in the Philippines.  Maybe some kind of Oocorys?  Sculpture consists of
fine spiral cords, uniform in size and closely spaced.  Operculum resembles a
typical Phalium operculum.  Any suggestions?
Paul M.