From:
Monika Forner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:09:14 -0400
Hi Marlo -- and others might find this interesting too,

I found the most spectacular 4-inch C. aquatile (and I have no doubt that that's
what it is) on the wreck of the Sapona off South Bimini, Bahamas, snorkeling.
The criter was in about 3 feet, sitting wedged in the crack of some step-like
piece of machinery that I have no idea what it is and have never seen before.
It was metal (probably iron), about 8 by 10 feet and sort of bridge-like, and
covered with a thick coat of rust.  Our mollusc seemed very content sitting in
this strange hiding place, no sand or reef rubble or anything in sight where you
might normally expect such a find.  It sometimes pays to inspect weird places --
you may make wondrous discoveries!

Monika
in  it's-really-getting-cold-here New England

Marlo Krisberg <[log in to unmask]> on 10/06/99 11:57:36 PM

Please respond to Conchologists of America List <[log in to unmask]>