From:
Deborah Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:55:05 -0600
Art, and others,

I received a Wentletrap that a friend found on Sanibel beaches. The
shell is about an inch long and I would like to mount the shell in a
shadow box-type setting.  Do you have any suggestions on how to go about
doing this with the least damage to the shell?  (I would like to include
a label with the name.)

Also, I found several small wentletraps (1/8th inch or smaller) in the
sand/shell mixture that I picked up last summer during the COA
convention.  I didn't find them till I got home and had time to sift
through the sand, shells, and other odds and ends.  It was fun to look,
but I doubt that I would have seen them at the beach unless I would have
been able to spend alot of time looking.  If I had known then what I've
learned in this discussion, I would have looked higher up on the beach.
Oh well!  Next time...

Thanks in advance for any help,

Debbie
 <><