Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:17:47 EDT
In a message dated 10/21/1999 3:52:50 PM EST, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
 We know about that club, I am more concerned about activities here. My
 mother will be coming down for the holidays, (maybe) and she is interested
 in coming to some meetings while visiting. Do you have a web sight and a
 list of the years events? Would it not be funny if we knew each other, I was
 from Glen Ellyn, my mom still lives there and we use to go to that club when
 I was little.

 Thank you, >>
 That would be really neat if we did know each other. I have to confess I
don't really remember too many people from those days. It seems like it was a
LONG LONG time ago. I was a member from about 1966 to 1970 when I moved to
Florida. I did a small gossip type of column for the newsletter. Alice Burke,
who now lives in Ft. Myers convinced me to do that. After I moved here I
still went back for the Christmas parties and auctions for many years. I
still see Charles and Mary Owens at the Conchologist of America meetings and
Alice Burke at the Sanibel Shell Shows.
  There are several neat web sites and a really super listserver through the
Conchologists of America. I am going to have to cut and paste a little here.

COA Webpage
http://www.coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/

Sites for snail related jokes:

Check these out:  http://ast.leeds.ac.uk/~agg/snails/joke.html

The site constructed by Clark Kimberling of Evansville University in
Indiana (http://cedar.evansville.edu/~ck6/bstud/nh.html)  has a wealth of
information on Say, Lesueur, C.S. Rafinesque and the most famous North
American ichthyologist of all time (and first president of Stanford
University a small college on the west coast) David Starr Jordan.

Palm Beach County Shell Club
http://www.gopbi.com/community/groups/PBCshell

There are a bunch more. The Jacksonville Shell Club has a wonderful web site
--------------------
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page
http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm

Please feel free to come to a meeting. I am not sure what the program will be
this November 5th, we are discussing trying to have a shell show. Those are
always interesting. The nice thing about belonging to a club is that you find
out what all the other clubs in the area are doing. There are several of
them. January is an exciting month, there are three shell shows in January in
the southern East Coast. The first is Melbourne, Fl. in the middle of
January, then Miami then Broward. I am trying to have the Palm Beach County
show the middle of March.
        Please write again,
              Carole