Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:53:53 EST
Hello to the list,

Went to the Big Bend plant two days ago. The security there is very tight,
and there is no access to the water at all, the whole area is fenced off. I
drove up and talked to the guard for awhile, and told him I just wanted to
collect a few of these new "invading mussels." He thought I was a nut,
because he had not heard of this. So he made some calls, got confirmation of
the info I gave him, and gave me a number of the guy who could escort me to
the water, their "environmental agent." So I was ready to call the next day,
as it was getting late.

The next morning, as I was reading the paper before I called, one of the
headlines read "Big Bend Plant being sued," as they are # 3 on the list as
one of the worst polluters of the Tampa area. Needless to say, the
"environmental agent" was unavailable the last two days. I'm trying somewhere
else nearby tomorrow.

Scott
Riverview, Florida