CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ronald Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2016 01:24:33 -0500
York University has recently announced an exceptional and lucrative
postdoctoral opportunity supported by a very generous donation from a
private donor. The award is referred to as the York Science Fellowships.
They can be in any area of science and must be supported by a faculty
member in the Faculty of Science at York University in Toronto, Canada.
The award is very lucrative at $60,000/anum base salary. On top of this
stipend is a $5000 travel and research stipend and all benefits will be
covered and do not come from the $60,000 base salary. See
http://science.yorku.ca/YorkScienceFellows for details about the award and
the application process. the candidate must receive their Ph.D. by
September 1, 2017 and the award is for two years.

I am willing to support an exceptional candidate for this award. The award
will be very competitive. There are only six offered in any one year and
they are tenable in all departments in the Faculty of Science. I expect
that there will only be one in a life science area so an applicant must
have a truly exceptional record. The work in my lab focuses on genome
rearrangement in Tetrahymena including chromatin remodeling. We use
state-of-the-art molecular and 'omic' technology to address interesting
and important biological questions using Tetrahymena. See Pearlman RE in
PubMed for a list of publications from my lab.

The deadline for applications is January 1, 2017 so please encourage
qualified potential applicants in your labs to contact me as soon as
possible and discuss a possible application. If you know of others in your
universities and programs who might be interested in applying through me,
please ask them to contact me as soon as possible to discuss a possible
application.

Thank you for your interest and making potential exceptional candidates
aware of this opportunity.

          Ron

Dr. Ronald E. Pearlman           [log in to unmask]
Associate Scientific Director
Co-ordinator, Student Outreach Programs
The Gairdner Foundation
Past President and Advisor
Royal Canadian Institute (RCI) for the Advancement of Science
University Professor Emeritus and Senior Scholar
Dept. of Biology
Director, Core Molecular Biology Facility
York University
4700 Keele St., Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Phone:416-736-5241; FAX:416-736-5698