From:
William Bennight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 16:38:59 -0500
Steve, to answer your initial question, no I don’t know how they collected those shells.
Personal experience has taught me that certain strombus will gather in relatively shallow water to mate. We collected Strombus thersites on Okinawa in a certain location at a specific time of year. We collected some really gem specimens for our private collections in 30-40 feet.

Sent from my iPhone