From:
Douglas Stemke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2017 16:16:29 -0500
Hi All.

I've been searching through the archives seeing what others have said through the years.  Our trip this year is mostly a trip for my non-sheller wife, but I will take every opportunity to get in a little shelling so:

Fiji-We have been to Fiji (Naviti) briefly but would appreciate pointers for collecting on other locations. Realistically we will most likely be around Nadi, the Yasawas, and Taveuni  We still have to finalize a few things so advice is appreciated.

Cook Islands-We will do Rarotonga and Aitutaki. Godd beaches to visit or markets etc. would be appreciated.  I have read I need a collecting licence so will do that.

French Polynesis- Tahiti and Bora Bora. Yes, I know there are likely better places to go in FP but I would appreciate recommendations not only on beaches or good snorkeling places but also locations of good MARKETS that would have shells from across French Polynesia.

Bringing lots of camera equipment with me for above and below the water.  Will happily share what I get (photos, anyway)!

Web sites with good information would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Doug