From:
Kirsten Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:20:37 -0500
Hi Conch-ers,

I have just subscribed to this list to ask for some assistance from all of
you.  I would like to introduce you all to a website that we have recently
created entitled "A Picture Guide to Shelf Invertebrates from the Northern
Gulf of Mexico."  This guide was assembled to assist NOAA/NMFS personnel
with at-sea identification of invertebrates caught during their Groundfish
and Pelagic cruises.

http://www.gsmfc.org/seamap/picture_guide/main.htm

I am asking that anyone who is interested please take a look at the
information and please let us know what you think, or if you have any
corrections, suggestions, or improvements on our descriptions, especially
regarding the molluscs.  Either respond to me directly, or to Harriet Perry
(listed on the website).  Due to the large number of species we have
accumulated (~300 pages), we are unable to print many copies, so please feel
free to print any pages you are interested in.

Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read the individual species description
pages.  If you do not have this software on your computer, it is available
for free downloading at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Also, I have accessed Conch-L archived messages when trying to track down
the most current nomenclature and identifications for many of these animals.
Thanks to all of you!

Thank you in advance for any input you can give us!
Kirsten and Harriet

Kirsten Larsen
Fisheries Research Associate
Gulf Coast Research Laboratory