From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2022 12:21:43 -0400
what punishment shall be doled out to the expert who made this glaring
misjudgment?  when will we  start demanding taxonomic accountability?
who will reimburse all the institutions and individuals forced to
commit valuable time and resources to making these changes to their
collections and lots  initially, and then un-making these changes
based on shoddy detective work?  Should the  "reparations"  arguments
currently  circulating culturally apply here?  should any other names
(or buildings or statues) bearing the names of these so-called experts
be changed back to their native usage?