Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:54:26 EDT
Howdy ferreter,
I doubt that a box of baking soda would protect your shells from Byne's.  Any
acid vapors released anywhere in the system would still have to flow over
your shells in order to reach the box of bicarb.  I think what you would be
doing is adding one more mass of carbonate to a cabinet already full of
hundreds of masses of carbonate - from the point of view of Byne's disease,
just one more big shell.
Paul M.