From:
Martin Eastburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2021 20:01:19 -0500
On large conch shells and various big clams, we suspended them over a
bucket of salt water.
They shed their shell and were found in the water.  Easier cleaning that
way, and we knew
plenty of Asian men on the island that gladly picked up them for a
weekend feast.  They grew
their own spices for the most part on a plot of land in the construction
area. Kwajalein in the 60's.

Martin