From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2018 17:09:34 -0400
A fair amount of discussion online now about the possible effects of
the impending Hurricane Michael on the red tide.....three trains of
thought

winds from the storm could help blow the red  tide offshore and disperse it

OR

winds could come from the opposite direction and move it closer to shore

AND/OR

fear that heavy rain will cause more nutrient runoff and re-feed the red tide.