From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2020 17:56:21 -0500
Allow me to retell the story of my 'magic Liguus". Sometime ago I
collected a large dead one with a significant growth break on the body
whorl; the pattern 'before' the break was totally different than the
pattern 'after' the break. In that context, various Liguus experts
have told me that its mainly environmental factors and individual
variability rather than distinct genotypes per se. Or at least that's
my understanding.