From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 2020 09:33:58 -0500
Hello, John's email reminds me...I had just checked the Texas
Encyclopedia and was going to post before I got distracted by incoming
phone calls

The ONLY 'banded tulips' listed in the Encyclopedia are branhamae and
lilium.   The "Florida banded tulip" (hunteria)  is not listed, the
text cites "8  spp. of Fasciolariidae " as occuring, and they are all
shown, hunteria is not among them.....  and I know  I've  never seen
any in/from NE Texas, Louisiana, or Alabama  in any of my various
trips, though i defer to they  local collectors on that.