From:
Kathleen Mccabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 17:12:56 -0500
Hi Brian--Thanks for the info you sent me about Fiji.  My husband and I are
going in February and since our main objective is to have fun shelling, we hope
we have better luck than you had!!!  Long way to go not to find shells!  Can you
tell us where you went shelling?  We are going to be on Viti Levu, but are also
going to Taveuni, Kadavu, and the Yasawa group.  If you have suggestions for
where to go on these islands and whether we'd have more luck snorkeling or
beachcombing, that would be really helpful.  Also if there's any chance I can
get copies of the letters you got from the Consulate, etc.  That would be
helpful in case we ran into problems, but hopefully we won't.  My fax number is
410=786=5010.  Did you get all the way around Viti Levu or just to certain
areas?  Do you think the shelling isn't good enough to merit a trip that far?
Thanks for your help and hope to hear from you soon.

At 10:26 PM 12/14/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Always double check what a dive shop tells you. We have found them to be
>"inaccurate" at times.

I actually did check at the Sheraton with Dive Tropex. They also told me
that collecting was not allowed.