From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 15:35:37 -0400
There are anecdotes concerning Cecilioides (Ferussaciidae) being found by
the droves in unearthed graves.  Since I don't usually get into grave
robbing I have not been able to validate this.  I have collected this genus
in many places and although it is indeed a burrower I have never found it
associated with carrion.  I have found several species gathered around
rotting fruit but not at animal remains.  I have collected many streptaxids
but never around carrion.  The introduced Helix aspersa in Haiti and a
helicarionid in Pakistan had affinities for human excrement (let's not go
into that subject again).  This is why many times I want to take an alcohol
bath after a day in the field.

Does anyone have collecting stories on Haplotrema and/or relations?

Kurt