From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:49:16 -0400
Hi Leslie and all,

I am slowly catching up on email after finals followed immediately by
nearly two weeks away at the fab Cape Canaveral COA, etc... and now have
family visiting. So if any of you wrote me and I fail to respond soon,
please rattle my cage!

Leslie, you are correct that Hank Foglino sends out an index and back
issue order form in the September or December American Conchologist
every year. But some people on the list and some people attending the
COA convention every year are not actually COA members, yet they may
want to order back issues. Without that form, or the knowledge that
there is a copy of it on the website, they don't know how to get them.

I don't do the index and so am sort of out of the loop. I THINK it is in
the job description of the Publications Director, who is now John
Jacobs, if I have it right. John? Do I? I am sure there is some plan for
a 5 year update. A searchable one would be super on ConchNet, but I seem
to remember something about search engines on the ANSP server (who hosts
us) not working out. The searchable archives for Conch-L are made
possible because Conch-L is not on ANSP but at UGA, and Amy set this
wonderfully useful archive up for us.

As I said, though, I may have some of this wrong, so I hope that if I
do, someone more in the know will speak up.

Lynn Scheu