From:
MR GEORGE N PARKER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 21:38:31 -0500
Just wanted to add my two cent to this topic.  Four years ago I
shipped my entire collection to Japan while I was living and working
there.  The collection went over in a household shipment.  Coming
back, I mailed the collection.  The collection got intercepted by FWS
customs in Chicago.  I had a Strombus gigas that I had had for over
15 years in one of the boxes.  After several threatening letters and
threats of fines, I no longer have this shell.  Word to the wise, if
you own an endangered species, no matter if it wasn't endangered when
you got it, don't ever ship it out of the country and then try to get
it back in.
George