From:
Horatio Buck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 12:26:50 +0000
At 02:14 PM 1/14/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Bob Dayle reminds us that when everything else is gone, there's hope. Hope
>was the only thing left in the box when, in ancient Greek myth, Pandora
>opened it and let all the evils of the world flew out. So, Bob, what
>exactly are you telling us? That we should send you nearly all of our
>shells but keep the Pandora?
>
>Obtusely yours,
>Andrew K. Rindsberg

I read all these comments from all the contributors over the past wek or so
with interest and quite a bit of remorse.  I stafrted collecting shells
because I thought they were beautiful.  I think that justification still
holds.  I also find the uniqeness of the various species to be fascinating.
As I have collected over the years, I have gained quite a bit of knowledge
about mollusca and geography.  I guess my collection and collecting in
general is so I can learn (about any and everything).  The quest for
knowledge is something that we should all have.  When you stop learning, you
might as well take the alternative to having birthdays.

Horatio