From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 15:45:23 +0800
Dear All,

A very very Happy 2008 !

For the ones who like live shells:

www.poppe-images.com

Please, conservation people, don't forbid photography. I want to
point out that the flash my make these animals possibly blind,
stressed and depressed. One can argue that most of them anyhow don't
see much. The problem is we don't know as yet.

But this email to inform you that Leslie took my attention to a
fabulous photo of Volva volva on:

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22229

There have been few observations and photographs of this species
alive as yet, despite with are 2008 now.

There is also the photo of a juvenile Ovula ovum : it mimics a
seaslug and a juvenile of a large sea cucumber. They all three have
about the same color palette.

Looking at these fantastic animals and a little thoughts on the gift
of the wonders of nature is a good start of the year.

Guido
Still dark but the sky gets some pink and blue tinges above Antwerp.
It will be a nice day.