From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:06:23 -0600
I'll be revisiting Vancouver Island shortly, specifically to collect.

If anyone has exact locality information as to where to collect is
likely to yield living intertidal specimens of the following species,
a p-mail would be greatly appreciated (I'm having e-mail problems,
hence the p-mail; list postings might not reach me). Spots for fossil
molluscs too, though I already have a good list of these...

I am aware that there will be no decently low tides in the next couple
of months, but I'll just have to live with that.

Crassadoma gigantea      (ex Hinnites multirugosa)
Patinopecten caurinus
Lucinoma annulatum
Tresus capax, nuttallii
Panomya ampla, norvegica
Mytilameria nuttallii
Entodesma saxiciola

Lottia instabilis
Cryptobranchia concentrica
Pomaulax gibberosa        (ex Astraea)
Calliostoma annulatum, canaliculatum, variegatum
Tegula pulligo
Cranopsis spp         (ex Puncturella)
Velutina spp
Euspira lewisii         (=Lunatia, ex Polinices)
Tectonatica affinis, clausa etc
?Vermetus compactus
Ceratostoma foliatum
Pteropurpura inornatum  (=Ocenebra japonica, is NOT a Ceratostoma)
Scabrotrophon maltzani (=trophonopsis lasius)
Thais lamellosa       (really nice specimens only)
Trophon spp            (=Boreotrophon)
Colus spp
"Fusinus" harfordi
"Nassarius" spp