From:
Lynton Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:13:45 -0400
Hello all-

Putting aside issues of taxonomy for the moment (Colubraria has an awfully
complex history!) I am interested to know if anyone is aware of any records
of sinistral shells in the genus Colubraria or related Colubraria-like
genera (`colubrariines').  A few years ago I came across a juvenile
sinistral Colubraria mestayerae and I recently became aware that a
sinistral Colubraria bednalli is recorded from South Australia.

While I'm at it ... does anyone know if the biology of C. mestayerae is
known at the present time (i.e. has it been observed feeding on fish)?
Long shot ...

Also if anybody could help me obtain the following two references that
would be outstanding:

Johnson, Johnson & Jazwinski (1995) Parasitism of sleeping fishes by
molluscs in the Colubrariidae and Marginellidae at Kwajalein Atoll - The
Festivus

and an article on Fusus intertextus in the Meditteranean by Marco Oliverio -
 I'm struggling to find the exact details at the moment.

Best regards
Lynton Stephens