From:
David Lum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:46:31 -1000
Hello Marcus,

     Ask and you shall receive.  This is Dave Lum.  I am the current
president of the still very active Hawaiian Malacological Society.  Yes, we
still meet the first Wednesday of every month in Honolulu; anyone visiting
Oahu, Hawaii is most welcome to come to our meetings.  Our activities
outside of Hawaii have been quiet in recent years, but several of the
members are working on ways to bring us out of hibernation.

     A number of us are very active collectors, including myself, who dive,
trade, and purchase in pursuit of improvement to our collections and our
knowledge.

     I will send you Dave Watts email to you separately.  Feel free to
contact me concerning the HMS or anything related to Hawaiian shelling.

Aloha,
Dave