From:
naturama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 2010 14:24:13 +0100
About coloration of H. assimilis see:

Olsen D.A, 1968a - Banding patterns of Haliotis rufescens as
indicators of botanical and animal succession. Biol. Bull., 134(1):
139-141.
Olsen D.A, 1968b - Banding patterns in Haliotis - II Some behavioral
considerations and the effect of diet on shell coloration for
Haliotis rufescens, Haliotis corrugata, Haliotis sorenseni, and
Haliotis assimilis. Veliger, 11(2): 135- 139.

With regards

Riccardo Giannuzzi Savelli