From:
Bert Bartleson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2010 20:03:57 -0700
Hi Vicky, A long time ago when I was living on Oahu I went for two single
tank dives in succession.  The first one was in 100 feet and the second one
was in about 30-40 feet. After the first dive we sat in the sunshine for 30
minutes and then went in for the second dive.  After about 15 minutes I was
freezing and had to go back to the boat.  I didn’t wear any type of
additional wet suit or diving skin.  So it’s certainly possible to get
uncomfortably cold in Hawaiian waters. My wife always wears a shorty wet
suit when we go snorkeling now because she's always too cold otherwise.
Bert Bartleson