From:
Vicky Wall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:37:23 -0400
After my recent trip to Hawaii, I have discovered that I have to take locality information with a grain of salt. I can't remember the species name at this moment but I found a live cone in about 6 feet of water with book information giving it's habitat as 65-80 feet.
NC is lucky to have the Gulf Stream off the coast...with SCUBA and also after storms, we often get species more common to areas further south. The many shipwrecks (accidental and artificial reefs) provide great habitat for mollusks.
Vicky Wall
Mayodan, NC