From:
"José H. Leal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:46:50 -0500
Marlo and colleagues,

The BMSM "Sanibel" record was originally included in our database as part of a small self-collected collection donated by Dr. Ross Gundersen in the 1990s. The remarks field in the database indicates "Location data questionable." This single specimen was not included in the listing of SW Florida / Sanibel shells published by the Shell Museum in its website.

There are other, similar cases of doubtful locality data originating from the same collection.

Cheers,

José
José H. Leal, Ph.D., Director and Curator
The Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum
Editor, The Nautilus
www.shellmuseum.org

3075 Sanibel-Captiva Road
Sanibel, FL 33957 USA
(239)395-2233
fax (239)395-6706
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail