From:
Steve McMurray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:51:26 -0600
Please excuse any cross-postings.

See information below about the 1st Annual Interior Highlands Mollusk Conservation Meeting, to be held March 2-3, 2011 in Neosho, Missouri.

Happy Holidays,

Steve

STEPHEN E. MCMURRAY | Malacologist | Missouri Department of Conservation Resource Science Center | 1110 S. College Ave. | Columbia, MO 65201
(P) 573.882.9909, x. 3208 | (F) 573.882.4517

To all,

Steve McMurray, Chris Davidson and I are organizing a new meeting for all those interested in Mollusk Conservation.  It will be held two days during the first week of March.  We would like to get this out to as many partners as possible to generate some collaboration and interest.  We are seeking speakers for up to 20 minute presentations.  These could include student research, state projects, resource concerns, species status reports, recent publications, etc.  It if deals with mollusks chances are high we would like to hear about it.

It will be held at the USFWS National Hatchery Vistor Center in Neosho, MO.
This center just got dedicated this Dec and is a strategic location within the four states.  There will be NO REGISTRATION COSTS associated with the meeting.

Pass it on to everyone you think would be interested in attending, speaking.  Could someone also post this on the UnioListserve??

Thanks, hope to see lots of old and new faces at this venue!!!

Bryan Simmons
Fish and Wildlife Biologist
US Fish and Wildlife Service
Missouri State University
Dept of Biology
901 South National
Springfield, Missouri 65897
417-836-5302

1st Annual Interior Highlands Mollusk Conservation Meeting
March 2-3, 2010

Neosho National Fish Hatchery
520 E. Park Street
Neosho, MO 64850

No Registration Fee!!!!

The Mission
*Become Engaged & Promote Conservation / Habitat Protection!
*Find out what's happening in the entire Interior Highlands Region
*Increase conservation awareness across Interior Highlands Region
*2 days of 20 min platform presentations regarding mollusk conservation issues
*Encouraging involvement to bridge the gap amongst various organizations
*Neosho Mucket Working Group Discussions
*Possibly tour of Neosho Hatchery or Dr. Barnhart's MSU propagation lab
*Intended to be a "Informal / Fun" meeting
*Title / Abstract Submittal no later than Feb. 1st

Meeting Contacts: Title / Abstract Submittal