From:
Amelia Ann Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:02:25 -0400
Hello to All - I am wondering how many of you out there experienced the
rare 5.9 magnitude earthquake centered in Mineral, Virginia at
approximately 1:46 p.m. this afternoon?  I live in Smithfield, Virginia
which is about 121 miles away from the epicenter.  The shock waves lifted
or rolled my home.  This rocking and rolling went on for approximately 20
seconds.  I actually felt dizzy.  Reports state it could be felt as far
north as New York City or farther into Canada.  Also, as far south as
South Carolina.  I am curious and would appreciate your reply if the earth
moved for you today.

Amelia Ann Dick  (Amy)
Smithfield, Virginia