From:
Richard Petit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 10:26:13 -0500
If you will check the Taxonomic Edit History on the bottom of the listings,
you will find that the WoRMS listings for Mesalia brevialis and M. varia
were both entered by Serge Gofas.  He therefore must consider them to be
separable species. Suggest you contact him for details.

The source for synonymy for Politapes virgineus is listed on WoRMS as the
recent bivalve book by Huber.  He can also be contacted through WoRMS.
However, it was Gofas who made the last change on WoRMS.

dick p.