From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 12:22:03 -0400
Dear shell cataloguers,

I've used Filemaker without a hitch for a while...until a few months ago when my most recent entries disappeared, not to be recovered. I've got Filemaker Pro 6 v.4.

I have recommended Filemaker in the past, but I can no longer do so. They won't provide support for version 9 after September, let alone the older versions.

It looks like the only recourse is to go to their online forum and hope that someone has knowledge about such glitches and how to deal with them.

Of course, I'm free to buy a newer version of Filemaker and get support. But is that good if the database has problems in a mere 5 or 6 years? That's not much time in the life of a permanent record.

My back-up is a handwritten record which I update in batches, not always with each entry.

David Kirsh
Durham, NC

Slavery is the legal fiction that a
Person is Property. Corporate