From:
"Batt, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 22:06:20 -0400
Way back when I did a Masters on foraminifera (a bit smaller than these micros, since they were mostly less than 0.2 mm in size) to take pictures of them using an SEM we used double-stick scotch tape (and after taking pictures of one view we used our triple-ought brush and a bit of water to turn them over for preparation for the next picture).  Or, for just mounting them on the black cardboard background of the slides we were using, we'd first coat the background with a mixture of Elmers glue and water, then let it dry.  When we picked up an individual foram (using that tiny brush dipped in water), the surface tension of the water let the brush grab the foram, then when we touched it to the glue-coated background, the water dissolved just enough glue to hold the foram to the background.  Then to turn it over for a different view just use the brush dipped in water again and it will dissolve the glue again and you can turn it over and let it dry again.