From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2012 21:02:31 -0400
Harry thanks for making that article accessible. i have been
interested in that form for some time. would be interesting to know if
they are still around there.

in the bicentennial summer of 1976 i lived in  chincoteague as part of
an organized summer marine science program. we had an outing for some
free  beach time at Assateauge one afternoon, everybody hit the ocean
beach, i went to the bay to look for shells, of course. in Toms cove i
found two large urosalpinx that appeared to be this form, a mere
36-38mm or so but i assumed it was the same named form. i went back
there years later but couldnt find any though i doubt i refound or
even remembered the exact spot they came from.

that number of 51.2 mm is familiar, it appears in several references,
including on hardys gastropods.com website.

i am wondering if anybody on conch-l has found the large urosalpinx themselves?

Steve